Recommended for single mass flywheel (SMF) when original design is DMF. This clutch package is designed for high HP vehicles desiring a start performance similar to O.E. The pressure plate is Race Engineered (SS) and SFI approved with significant load increase over stage 1,2 pressure plates (+600-800 lbs.). Expect a pedal effort increase of 20%-25%. Discs are assembled with heat-treated wear resistant hubs; drive plates and springs for high load transfer and dependable operation. The sprung centers on the disc in conjunction with the marcel fin between the linings create a dual dampening effect that simulates O.E. start performance. A Performance Organic friction material with a high metal content increases torque and RPM capability and maintains low operating temperatures which reduces wear and glazing.
Recommended usages are daily, spirited street and occasional track.
Torque Rating of 600 ft-lbs.
Race Engineered Pressure Plates (SS) used in Stage 3 and 4 clutch kits:
These performance clutches deliver more transmittable torque and stability, longer life and superior thermal resistance. They also deliver noticeably better dynamics through higher clamp load when driving the vehicle to its limits.
Flywheels manufactured by SBC are made from low carbon, hot rolled steel that is highly resistant to warping and perfectly suited for the friction materials mated to them. Single mount CNC machining guarantees precise tolerances and perfect balance exceeding O.E. specifications. Extensive field testing has been done to determine the proper weight for each specific vehicle and to ensure smooth operation, safety and durability under extreme operating conditions.
- Pressure plate is Race Engineered (SS) and SFI approved with significant load increase over stage 1,2 pressure plates.
- The disc is designed for the special needs of a vehicle with circuit racing in mind.
- Kevlar friction material is used for its unique static to dynamic ratios of friction co-efficients at high energy levels.
- Discs are assembled with only performance components and equipped with torsion springs functioning as a damper between engine and gearbox.
- Torque Rating of 600 ft-lbs.
- 12 month or 12,000 mile warranty
South Bend Clutch, Inc. warrants that our clutches are free from defects in workmanship and material under normal use and service. The obligation of South Bend Clutch, Inc,. under the warranty is limited to repair or replacement of the defective product, which fails within 12 months or 12,000 miles. We will not be liable for losses that might be claimed as a result of the failure of any part, nor shall we be liable for damages or injury to any persons or property resulting from the misuses or improper installation of any part subject to this warranty. Click here for Warranty Registration form.
South Bend Clutch, Inc. reserves the right to examine all parts returned for warranty claim to determine whether or not any such part has failed because of a defect in material or workmanship. Our obligation under this warranty shall be limited to repairing, replacing, or crediting, at our discretion, any part found to be defective.
The Limited Warranty will not be valid under the following express conditions:
- When purchased by retail customer for less than our MAP price (see Pricing Policy below)
- When not installed by a certified mechanic
- When flywheel was not replaced with new or resurfaced to specification
- Clutches which have been altered, improperly installed, or damaged by accident, negligence or misuse
- When transmission fails or has excessive wear
Products used for High Performance and/or Racing purposes which they were not origianlly engineered for, will not be covered.
We encourage you to shop around when buying our parts but we do not allow discounts or price matching that goes below our MAP prices (3% below our published retail price). Anyone paying less than our MAP price will lose their warranty!
No returned product for warranty, repair, or replacement will be accepted without a return authorization number (RMA). Please call the dealer you bought the clutch from, if you bought it directly through us you can call and speak to our warranty department at 1-800-988-4345.